DEEDED ACRES: ± 1,443
YELLOWSTONE RIVER FRONTAGE: ± 3.55 MILES
The Double AA Ranch is one of the most spectacular ranches to come to market in the Paradise Valley of Livingston Montana. While there are many beautiful recreational ranches in Montana, few inspire with such majestic beauty and tranquility as the Double AA. Graced with 1,443 ± acres and a long stretch of the legendary undammed Yellowstone River, the ranch offers 3.55 ± miles of world-class trout fishing, a robust wildlife habitat and gorgeous scenic vistas of the Absaroka Beartooth Mountains and the Gallatin Mountain Range. The Double AA is also a working cattle ranch with lush irrigated hay fields and abundant grazing land.
The Double AA River Ranch presents a timely investment and excellent opportunity to own one of the finest river ranches in Montana that will provide years of enjoyment whether it be on a full or part-time basis.
LAY OF THE LAND
The ranch consists of mostly flat river bottom and rolling grasslands used for hay and pasture. Cottonwood, aspen, and willow line the riparian corridors that exist along the long stretch of the Yellowstone River. McDonald, Barney, and Cascade creeks traverse portions of the property. The land supports an abundance of wildlife including white-tail and mule deer, black bear, mountain lion, elk in the winter months, badger, fox, and other small mammals. Bald eagles nest in the riparian corridor in the northern part of the property. Osprey, golden eagle, several hawk varieties, owls, blue heron, geese, Sandhill cranes, and many songbirds are found on the property.
The Double AA Ranch has an abundance of water resources which support a thriving cattle operation and world-class sporting opportunities. Approximately 998 acres are irrigated with ± 883 acres in pasture and ± 115 acres are in hay which is used to feed cattle and horses in the winter months. The ranch can maintain up to +/- 300 pair of cattle. The vast landscape of Paradise Valley is an outdoorsman’s paradise amongst the lush Yellowstone river bottom with its rugged back county and spectacular snow-capped peaks of the Absaroka Beartooth Mountain range.
A flexible conservation easement with The Montana Land Reliance has been placed over the ranch to ensure the perpetuation of a lifestyle and economy of responsibly managed private land, as well as the protection of its agriculture heritage, fish & wildlife habitat and wide-open space.
There are three existing residences (the river house, manager’s house, rental house) and two small bunkhouse/cabins, which have no bath or kitchen facilities. There is also an attractive log structure originally built to be a fishing lodge by a former landowner in the 1970s that has never been used by the Double AA and offers the opportunity for restoration.
The easement generally allows the following activities to be conducted on the property subject to the specific terms of the Conservation Easement Document and consistent with the maintenance or enhancement of the natural resources and Conservation values:
• Agricultural uses including raising of livestock and growing of crops.
• Construction of temporary agricultural structures not placed on permanent foundations or footings.
• Construction of permanent agricultural structures or improvements in several development areas as specifically defined and permitted by the easement.
• Recreational activities (including undeveloped commercial recreation) including but not limited to hunting, fishing, hiking, and wildlife viewing.
• A boat ramp may be added.
• Maintenance, improvement and replacement of 3 existing residential structures and one existing lodge.
• Construction of up to 5 additional residences at several possible development areas as specifically defined and permitted by the easement.
• Transfer of the parcel as no more than 3 parcels.
• Leasing of residential dwelling units for any term, including short term; bed and breakfast; commercial guest ranching and eco tourism.
• Businesses, trades, professions, arts, crafts, and other commercial activities that are consistent with the protection of Conservation Values are permitted within the development areas, including within the residential dwelling units, provided that any such business is not a sales or service business involving regular visits to the Property by the general public or delivery trucks. (Except as expressly permitted by the easement the establishment of any commercial or industrial activities or facilities is prohibited—see Conservation Easement for specifics.)
Ranches of this size and quality rarely come to market in Paradise Valley. The Double AA River Ranch is a timely investment for the discerning buyer seeking a world-class recreational ranch in Livingston Montana at a time when the demand for river ranches exceeds available inventory in this market.
Please Contact Raich Montana Properties LLC to schedule a showing. Qualified Buyers Only. Advance Notice Appreciated.